Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Savage Wanderer - Kate Savage's excellent adventure



Durant Lake in the early evening. Adirondack Mountains, NY

Katherine Savage, a graduate of Studio Incamminati and teaching fellow during the 2009-2010 school year, is on a road trip painting her way cross country. She is blogging about her experience at savagewanderer.tumblr.com. Its really cool to see the evolution of her landscapes since the beginning of her trip in August.


Kate painting at the beginning of the trip at Lake George, NY.

View of Lake George from the top of Buck Mountain.

"I'm not sure how I'd like to live, or how I'd like to paint, so I'm going to wander until it's clear. And then I might wander some more . . .and then wander some more. " Katherine Savage

White barns in a field. Nearing Buffalo, NY

Wind River Canyon. South of Thermopolis, Wyoming

Here is the traveling studio in Custer, South Dakota. I think the antlers on the front are a nice touch. You don't see that in Philadelphia.

Needle Spires in the Black Hill, South Dakota

No comments :

Post a Comment